Plasma Transferred Arc (PTA) & Gas Metal Arc (GMAW) Weld Overlays
Paragon FusionClad (PPC) LTD is a leading North American provider of automated weld overlay services to the oil sands, mining and oil and gas industries. Our PTA & GMAW weld overlays provide lasting corrosion resistance and protection.
PTA is an automated high energy, inert gas welding process. It produces the highest quality weld overlay deposits available on the market. The PTA process produces overlays with minimal dilution or deformation of the base material.
PPC services include: Robot Controlled PTA and GMAW weld overlays. Our newly expanded Edmonton shop facilities are conveniently located just off Sherwood Park Freeway and Anthony Henday - close to many Edmonton and Strathcona County fabrication and modularization facilities.
Specialized in Fabricate and Hard Surface Components
PTA weld overlays applications
- High alloy deposition rates
- Minimal base metal dilution
- Homogenous and porosity free overlays up to 0.200" Thick in one pass
- I.D. capabilities
- High tolerance thickness control eliminating post grinding
- For most industry applications
- Exceptional overlay reproducibility for production runs
- Down-hole Oil Filed Tools, Centralizers, Stabilizers, Couplings, Drill Bits, Drill Collars, Sleeves and Chokes
- Impact Screens, Sizing Screens, Wear Plates, Impact Hammers, Bucket Teeth, Crusher Teeth, Scraper Blades, Grader Blades, Piping, Elbows and Tees
- Feed Screws, Extrusion Screws, Centrifuge Components, Valve Components, Pump Components, Thermowells and Nozzles
- Tungsten Carbide Alloys
- Ni/Cr/B Alloys RC 30 - 65
- 300 Series SS
- 400 Series SS
The PTA process utilizes state of the art robotically controlled welding technology to produce the ultimate in impact, wear and corrosion resistant coatings.
PPC utilizes a multi-axis robot system for its PTA and MIG welding processes. This capability offers the ultimate in quality and productivity. PPC is the only local shop that can offer this level of automation to fabricate and hard surface components.
Paragon FusionClad Plasmas transferred Arc (PTA) and Gas Metal Arc (GMAW) Welding capabilities are the overlay of external components to almost any size and shape. PPC provides component and materials testing and analysis to ensure structural integrity assurance needed for every project to continue to provide the highest standard in reliable services. We provide mechanical testing and element analysis to evaluate ductility, strength, toughness, corrosion resistance and fatigue properties on all materials used.